The Salt Keep
- Developer: Small Gray Games
- Platforms: PC & Mac / Android / iOS
- Release Date: February 10th, 2023
- Website: smallgraygames.com
- Regular Price: USD $4.99
Set in a high fantasy world with low fantasy stakes, The Salt Keep is a text adventure and RPG that follows a struggling merchant named Doyle who stumbles into a life-or-death mystery in the village of Cardwyke. Saddled with debt and facing armor-clad monstrosities at every turn, can Doyle free himself of the horrors that pursue him?
Set in a high fantasy world with low fantasy stakes, The Salt Keep is a text adventure and RPG that follows a struggling merchant named Doyle who stumbles into a life-or-death mystery. During the last legs of a months-long journey as a traveling salesman, Doyle stops in the seemingly deserted village of Cardwyke to meet a friend who has promised to help keep him financially afloat, but what he finds is even more dangerous than the crushing weight of debt.
Over the course of a single night, Doyle delves into the mystery of what happened to Cardwyke and the Salt Keep, struggles to escape the seemingly unstoppable forces pursuing him, and hopes to find anybody who can free him of his debt. He meets friends and foes along the way: a wounded merchant who has seen better days, a bitter stablehand in search of a plan, and a forlorn apprentice desperate to become an alchemist, among others. Some are helpful, and some need help, but in every case, his choices impact the paths of their lives as much as his own.
- Collect items and equip gear to improve Doyle's abilities.
- Succeed or fail at percentage-based challenges.
- Earn experience and level up based on those challenges.
- Talk to and work with NPCs to make progress.
- Uncover secret areas, missable items, and optional dialogue.
- Risk grievous bodily harm without risk of death or dead-ends.
- Unlock over 50 achievements across multiple play-throughs.
- Customize UI with light mode and adjustable text settings
About Small Gray Games
Small Gray Games is an independent solo game developer focused on text-based and narrative games. The studio is best known for the ongoing browser-based idle game The Idle Class, first released in 2018.
- Inquiries: email@example.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/smallgraygames
- Tumblr: smallgraygames.tumblr.com
- Reddit: reddit.com/user/smallgraygames